Saturday, October 8, 2011

Nobody's Fool.: My Movie review

Tonight on HBO I watched again Nobodies Fool starring the now gone Paul Newman. It was dedicated to Jessica Tandy. I have a true liking for this film. The reason is simple other than I simply enjoyed it as a nice simple film and character study. It was filmed mainly in the Hudson River Valley. Dutchess County , Hudson NY and Beacon are among the filming sites. I grew up north of these places but I know the buildings , characters , the feel of the movie even if it is a work of fiction. I feel at home even though I no longer live there. It seems less fiction because I can all most feel myself or a moment of myself in that film. I am somewhere walking a street or sitting at the bar. Such is the Hudson Valley , it's beauty , it's decline and it's remaining strength. It's nice to feel at home. It's interesting to again be around people I once knew and are so often now gone. Maybe a little home sick.

No comments:

Post a Comment