Well in 2 days I turn 60. No big deal , feel 41.2 yrs old. Anyway as I comb news sources like the BBC World Service much attention is being given and rightly so to the fall of Mohammar Qaddafi. The long running despot of Libya. To show you how long the man has been around I was in my second week of my high school senior year when he came to power so long ago. He has remained through college, marriage , kids , career etc. A shadow of the desert. On my desk is an old Pan Am ashtray a relic of airlines past. Lockerbie Scotland is where many people come across the old airline name. I still remember the day it was blown out of the sky from a Qaddafi inspired bomber. But as I watch the revolt and joy on the streets of Libya his greatest crime as with all despots is the repression of the souls of a people. The scar that can remain over generations. Repression. So as I watch his shadow begin to fade I will actually have a happier birthday......for ding dong the despot's dead.
Wednesday, August 24, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment